2017 - 2018 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President - Mona Savage
1st Vice President - Christie Halverson
2nd Vice President - Keri Goins
Treasurer - Kim Meissner
Secretary - Lisa McManus
Immediate Past Board Member - Cheryl Doerr
booster club mission
Support and champion the Legacy Line program at Wakeland High School
About the Legacy Linebackers Booster Club
Legacy Linebackers is an independent, non-profit organization created to support the Legacy Line Drill Team. The primary objectives of the Linebackers are to:
- Provide a safe and positive environment for the education and artistic growth of the Legacy Line team members;
- Promote a closer and collaborative relationship between parents, Legacy Line team members, and WHS faculty and staff, in an atmosphere of mutual cooperation, support, trust and respect;
- Encourage a high level of achievement for the Legacy Line team members;
- Provide additional access to resources (including adult participation and financial resources) that are necessary to support the Legacy Line team members;
- Promote high standards among the Legacy Line team members in the following areas- education, fine arts, dance/artistic achievement and personal ethics/morals
- Support the Legacy Line in a manner that is consistent with the principles, rules, regulations, and guidelines established by the University Interscholastic League (“UIL”), FISD, WHS, and WHS’s Faculty and Staff.
Legacy LineBackerS elected board position duties:
- Oversees the activities of the booster club.
- Schedules and conducts a minimum of 4 booster club meetings during the fiscal year. “The President is responsible for arranging for a meeting place, date, and time via the Director.” (Article 7.1 of the Booster Association Bylaws)
- Schedules and conducts a minimum of 4 Board of Directors (Officers) meetings during the fiscal year.
- “The President shall appoint a Nominating Committee to present a slate of officers at the last general meeting prior to the end of the year.” (Article 5.8)
- “The President shall be an ex-official member of all committees (Photography/Video, Sign-Up Genius, Friday Night Dinners, Facebook/Website, Spirit wear) except the Nominating Committee." (Article 8.2)
1st Vice President:
- Assists the President.
- Social Committee Coordinator overseeing the Social Committee and activities:
- Goody bags for summer camp
- Team Luau
- Locker Decorations
- Friday football meals
- Competition goody bags for team members
- Purchase Spring Show flowers for team presentation
- Spring Show meals
2nd Vice President:
- Fundraising Coordinator overseeing the Fundraising Committee, Marketing Committee, and the Spring Show Program Committee and their activities:
- Junior Clinics
- Spring Show: ad sales, ticket sales, and concessions
- Any other fundraising activities the Board decides upon
- Prepare meeting minutes of all Board and Booster meetings.
- Retain copies of completed minutes; email them to Association on a timely basis.
- Create team directory to distribute to each family in August as team practices begin.
- Write thank you letters to donors, sponsors and others as necessary.
- Send invitations for Luau, Banquet and/or for any other events where invitations are needed.
- “Propose and maintain a budget which accounts for all anticipated revenue and expenditures throughout the Association’s fiscal year. The annual budget shall be presented to the Association for approval at the first General Meeting of the school year.” (Article 7.10)
- Maintain concise records of all revenue and expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
- Review and retain all bank transactions and records including monthly statements and deposits.
- Renew annual insurance policy.
- Set up external audit of pervious year's books before the first general meeting of the school year.
- File all appropriate tax and booster club paperwork as outlined in Bylaws before the first general meeting of the school year.
Immediate Past Board Member:
- Coordinate with Frisco Education Foundation in awarding Senior Scholarships.
- Organize and execute the End of the Year Team Banquet event
- Assist the Board and committees as necessary utilizing previous years’ experience.
* “Board of Directors – Positions and Responsibilities” - Adopted 5/5/2010; Revised 5/24/2011; Revised 2014; Revised 3/16/2016.
2017-2018 UPDATED BYLAWS ATTACHMENT